You, guys. I have an issue.
I love my cell phone too much and it’s causing real problems. This little device is giving me necks pains, thumb sprains, and eye strains. Now that I’m working from home, my phone is even more important to me because that’s where all of my friends live!
That being said, I think it’s time to cut the proverbial cord — at least a little. I know I’m not the only person with this addiction so I figured we can do this together.
Here are some alternate activities that will be a better use of your time than staring at your phone:
- Do your laundry. You’re all out of your favorite shirts.
- Vacuum the house while you’re at it. It’s been a while.
- Make a really good cup of coffee and attempt latte art.
- Go outside and do literally anything.
- Write notes to all of your besties like you did in high school.
5.a. Fold each note into a different shape. Triangles are generally popular.
5.b. Flick each note at your respective BFFs. Aim for the forehead.
- Read a book. It’s been a while.
- Have a luau party and make everyone surrender their phones in solidarity. They will be distracted when you hand them drinks with the tiny umbrellas in them.
- You’ll probably have to carry reference books with you at all times in case you need to prove someone wrong during this time.
- Drive to a new place using a paper map.
- Visit your chiropractor to get put back together.
- Call your family (on the landline). It’s been a while.
- Write a blog post about not looking at your phone.
- Rediscover your love of jazz.
- Go buy an Apple Watch. Unless that’s cheating…? No, it’s fine. It’s just a watch.
- If you’re desperate, you can watch The Emoji Movie to get your fix.
Okay, the post is done. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to see I’ve received any messages or missed any big celeb news.